1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Let's Share Our Feelings - Part 2

Discussion in 'Infants' started by meeta shah, Nov 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Riyasmommy

Riyasmommy Silver IL'ite

Meeta, just PMed you the link.

Latha, this Friday, our MOPS group is celebrating its 10 year anniversary so members from the last 10 years are going to be joining us. We are all bringing a dish, and I signed up for a dessert. While going through my cookbooks, I found a 'No Bake' Fruit Cake recipe and I thought of you. It's without alchohol and looks pretty easy. Let me know if you want it and I'll PM it to you.

Sindhu, I did find some Sambar recipes from Chitvish too, but I really want to learn the way my appa makes his sambar too. You know he likes to make things from scratch. He even makes his own sambar powder instead of buying the pre packaged ones! Maybe that's where I got my 'cook from scratch' fever, who knows!

Vanathi, good luck on those blouses.

Raj

2. Traveller

Traveller Gold IL'ite

Raj,

I will never say No to any recipe:) So please do share it. I am thinking of clementine-olive oil cake from here Clementine and Olive Oil Cake | Cafe Fernando - Food Blog. Have made it once with normal oranges and they were good. I don't need to beat so much like butter+sugar for a pound cake yet the results are same. But still i would also like to try fruit cake... what better way than to try on a crowd!

A has a little over 39 Deg C. He vomitted and passed motion (atlast!). He says his head aches but that i feel is a sign of catching cold (or sinusitis?). Anyways we'll see until tomorrow morning and better take him to a doc. He is eating well, so i shouldn't worry but he's so quiet and his eyes are feverish... i hate to see him so weak:(

Next week is going to be busy and hectic. I do hope A gets to go to school on Monday... the therapist will be there to observe him. Changing appointments around christmas is something i just don't want to do... then it gets postponed to next year! Then there is the christmas party which A is all excited about.. he's singing Jingle bells every single day.

Today, with fever and all that, A insisted on feeding his sister. He was absolutely thrilled that the baby could open her mouth and eat apple puree. And she pleased him greatly... ate quite well:) Only we couldn't take a pic.. DH was in the garage clearing up the car... may be tomorrow.

Latha

3. Riyasmommy

Riyasmommy Silver IL'ite

Just PMed you the recipe, Latha. Hope Aniish feels better soon.

We went for the movie tonight after almost 1 1/2 years. It felt weird being just the two of us but nevertheless we enjoyed our time together. The movie was a total tear jerker.

Raj

4. SupriyaDinesh

SupriyaDinesh Silver IL'ite

Iam all tired and exhausted with the thanksgiving shopping(both window and some serious) and sight seeing.how i hate to cater everyone's needs as soon as i get off from the car after outing when i just want to stretch.Its so many years since we saw some movie in theatre.I dread to visit such places with Y.Today he created such a scene by running in all directions in the temple.We just coudnt control him.he doesnt throw tantrums but becomes too excited on public places.We always end up sour after a sight seeing.

5. Traveller

Traveller Gold IL'ite

I echo your feelings too, Supriya. I always tell my husband, for the woman of the house there are no week-ends, no holidays, nothing...

A is the same too. I just can't match his energy when we are outside. it's not a tantrum but the general excitement. And when we are in a crowded place i'm extremely agitated and worried that i might loose him.

A is much better today. I had put on some lemongrass oil in his room and that seemed to have done off with the headache.

Yes Raj.. i do feel empty and 'light' without kids. Even though i have ananya now i remember the first week A went to pre-school i kept on looking behind me for him:( That reminds me of what mom said after my wedding... that she waited at the door-step expecting me to return from work and call out to her... mothers:)

I have couple of dvds to be returned tomorrow. But just no time to watch.

have a great sunday, everyone!
    Latha

6. Pavarun

Pavarun Silver IL'ite

I agree - the made from scratch ones always taste way better. For years I used to "import" my sambar powder from mom and MIL. Last visit I stopped and have started grinding my own...

Same feelings here, Supriya.

Latha, hope A is feeling better now. I too have a DVD here that I really want to watch - can't seem to find a time when no one is around (it will not particularly interest DH). By the time P is in bed, I am tired and ready for bed myself...

7. mangaii

mangaii Finest Post Winner

Latha can I come to your home for christmas ?You bake a lot of food.
    20 days without DH. Your really a super woman.

Raj good luck with Idli .

Supriya Our problem going to temple people giving laddus to S.Its like I have to tell everyone don't give her sweets.Once she consumes the sweets then show begins.

Sindhu hope u get time to watch dvds

I got my iron analysis back.It shows HEMOGLOBIN as 9.Dr is thinking that may be the reason I'm getting sick.She has prescribed 350mg of iron which looks like a lot.
    iron 25 and iron saturation as 7.
    Vanathi can you provide your opinions ?
    Do you think we need to take so much supplement ?

We enjoyed our 4 day holidays.I feel very refreshed and ready to start work tomorrow.

Bye
    Mangai

8. Aadhusmom

Aadhusmom Gold IL'ite

Hope everyone had a good weekend. Mine was terrible - problems with DH - will not get started on it now - hope the coming week is good.

Latha - hope A is better now.

Raj - good you got to go out at last :)

Mangai - That hemoglobin is low - you need to get it up soon. Sure anemia can predispose to infections. The iron sounds alright - we usually do 250 mg here but I needed to take 500 mg in pregnancy to keep my hemoglobin up. I'm like you - chronically anemic and I've always noticed that I fall sick much more often if my Hb drops. Some orange juice along with the iron will help absorption. Try and increase your natural iron sources as well.

V.

9. Priya0425

Priya0425 New IL'ite

Hi Ladies

I have not posted in this thread before but today I just have to....

My little one is becoming a little terror. He is very active and wants attention from me all the time. Last night I went into the kitchen to prepare dinner and of course he was there behind me within minutes. He usually wants to be lifted so that he can see whatever exciting stuff is happening out of his reach. Anyway when I put him down he started fiddling with the stove knobs. A huge NO from me and he made straight for the microwave where I had my veges and horrors... he reached for the door and opened it.

I am still having nightmares. I have tried to child proof my home as much as possible but where will I keep the stove...and the mw.....

Sorry for ranting but I thought you would empathise since many of are moms of busybee toddlers yourselves.

Priya

10. tikka

tikka Gold IL'ite

Mangaii, it is really good your doc wants to see the root cause and not just treat.
    Not V here, but just had a thought about the supplementation. The only time other than pregnancy that I was on Iron supplementation was when I had some menstrual issues due to hypothyroidism. My Iron has always been around 12.5 to 13, but then it dipped to 10 mg/dl. I was leary of supplementation, but my doctor said that I need to take the pills to restore my iron levels and then I can maintain them with just iron-rich food.

Latha, Raj, I know what you guys mean. Now that Kiran is walking more often and not on his Mei Tai, it feels like I have left behind something. I keep asking DH "Did I shut off the gas, close that door, are all K's things there in his diaper bag/" Much to his amusement. That could also be senility catching up with me.

I am down in the dumps this time of the year. I always make unwise decisions this time of the year too, jumping jobs, making unsound investments. This terrorist has me completely upset (inspite of not having TV at home to watch 24x7 news coverage..) My spondylitis and old accident injuries are acting up with the damp that this rain has brought. Kiran's now constantly testing his limits and I have started giving him time-ins. That's not the way I wanted to go. I am throwing myself a big pity party tonight and tomorrow I am going to have my thyroid levels checked to see if that's what is bugging me.
    My friend, who had the child recently, called this morning to say there is blood drops, coming out of the umblical cord. Apparently, during a routine check up the nurse in the hospital snipped parts of the dried up umblical cord which has not yet fallen off. My friend is in a sticky position because the doctors in the hospital are some kind of family friends of her in-laws with whom she is staying right now. I have been trying to tell her she needs to stand up for her child. Seriously, this hospital takes the cake...bonk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.