Indian ladies in Gothenburg,Sweden

Discussion in 'Europe - Other Areas' started by ksridevi81, Sep 19, 2008.

1. madhusri8576

madhusri8576 New IL'ite

Hi all,
    Very good morning to everybody.

Lakshmi:
    Well this is not my mom's recipe,jus i came through one of the food blogs.
    So i tried that but it came out well.jus want to send u that link,
    hope it turns good for u.pls hit this link
    Ammalu’s Kitchen » Blog Archive » The Mango Season
    I hope u would have gone through this before,if not pls give a try.
    inika enti sangatulu,school procedure enti akkada,i mean in ireland a child is eligible to join in school only after 4 yrs.So i am planning to join my kid at the age of 5yrs.Lang yalla untinudi,very interesting to know these things.Here english is the only lang,jus like uk.whats up.anyhave take care.keep mailing :).

bye regards,
    Madhu.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2008
  2. madhusri8576

madhusri8576 New IL'ite

Hi friends(sridevi,hema,lakshmi)
    Just thought of sharing my bommala koluvu photos link with u all.
    Pls spare time to look this album.

Picasa Web Albums - madhu - Golu_2008#

Have a nice day.

Regards,
    Madhu

3. lakshmidurga

lakshmidurga New IL'ite

Hello Madhu,

A very good link for avakaya. I went to Ammalu's kitchen before but have not checked this recipe. I will try that when we get the raw mangoes in Indian store.

Madhu here I think the age limit is 3 years.. first they can go to some play school kind, then its pre-reception, then reception and then starts the year 1. my daughter is in year 1. For year 1 they have to be 6 years old. The local language in this part of Switzerland is french. Most of the people talk only in french... even the labels on grocery (milk as milch, all purpose flour as weissmehl or farine fleur) and the sign boards are in french. that's the main prob...
    Is there the play school system in Ireland ... what do they call the first years of school? you kid is girl or boy?
    Madhu ur bommalu koluvu is very nice... I showed the pictures to my daughter also. she also liked them. I understand that u are a very creative person. ok take care.

4. madhusri8576

madhusri8576 New IL'ite

Hi lakshmi,
    Thanks for ur encouraging words.To be honest this is not traditional bommala koluvu,my mom has been keeping bommala koluvu for more than 15 yrs so we got used to it.Actually i have no traditional dolls to keep this year but curiousity pulled me in :),So i arranged koluvu in my own style which u cant find traditional smell.Here(in Ireland),they will call preschool as montessori(child should complete 3yrs),this is not compulsory but everyone prefers to put their child in montessori one year before of their regular schooling.Bcoz the child get used with all activites like painting,clay modelling,dance and songs etc.but its bit expensive they are charging around 35,000rs per month in indian currency.But we do people have no choice :).
    I have a 4 yr old daughter.How is ur daughter school going on.Does she have any indian friends there?Its very difficult for u people to manage without english lang right.Ok lakshmi,once again thanks for ur reply.

Bye for now.

Cheers,
    Madhu

5. ksridevi81

ksridevi81 Junior IL'ite

Hi Lakshmi..

Gud meeru lucky...maku indian veggies bendi,Dondakayalu,goruchikkudu frozen dorukuthayi anthe... but antha tasty ga anipinchavu..appudu appudu india ki vellipovali annata kopam vachestadi... emi vandaalo teliyaka... and ma husband ki assalu vanta radhu... but papam edyina tinestaru... nene assalu compromise avvalenu food vishayam lo... Time leka poyina appudu appudu time teesi prayogam chestu untanu... guests evaryina intiki vastunnaru ante matram edo oka experiment chestanu mundugane...and nenu ekkuva bake chestanu...adhi easy anipistundi naku.. so mood unnapudu alla edo okati bake chestanu..

Nenu software,Java pyina chestunnanu... Volvo IT lo...

6. ksridevi81

ksridevi81 Junior IL'ite

Hi Madhu!!

Enti kaburlu...abbo mee bommala koluvu chaala bagundi... naku chinnapati nundi bommala koluvu ante chala chala ishtam.... still i luv it..but intlo eppudu pettaledu...since maku diwali ki Nomulu and satyanarayana vratam untundi..so amma ki veelu ayyedi kadu bommala koluvu pettadaniki.. but chinnapudu nenu chala sarlu force chesanu pettamani..but okasari decide ayyi kuda drop ayyam some reasons valla... i wasnt so lucky...

But chala rojula taravatha malli aa feeling vachindi pettalani...
    Thanks to you for sharing the pics...

Inkenti madhu kaburlu...

7. ksridevi81

ksridevi81 Junior IL'ite

Hi Hema...
    Avunu nenu dec lo veltunnanu india ki...so meeru kuda veltunnara..gud gud.. Sister marriage fix ayinda...gr8...u would be excited kada... countdown start ayinda???

8. madhusri8576

madhusri8576 New IL'ite

Hi sridevi,
    Challa thanks.naakuu challa istum.before marriage i was busy with my job so i didnt show much interest on these.ippudu tochatladu anduka want to keep all creative things in one place.enka enti chappandi.mee reply chusanu,java techonology lo work chestunarani telisindi.So akkada s/w scope yalla vundi.Bcoz everyone is saying that this is not a right time to change r move to any new job.I had worked in vc++/vb techonology for 2 yrs.prastutaniki challa gap ravadam valla i have to start from the scratch.inka enti sangatulu.How is ur deepavali preparation.Any special recipes this time.

Anyway my hearty deepavali wishes to all in advance.

Cheers,
    Madhu.

9. lakshmidurga

lakshmidurga New IL'ite

Hello Madhu,

I also have very sweet memories of bommala koluvu... we follow it regularly... but madhu we do that for sankranthi in Andhra... we can't imagine the festival without it.

Geneva is expensive in every way madhu. yes ur daughter's preschool is also very costly one. .... but as u said we have no option. here also we have to join our kids in english schools or international schools which are very expensive than the local french schools. My daughter is facing some difficulty with the changed environment people and all that. she has no Indians in her class... that is another difficulty... she used to cry saying I will not go to the school almost all the first month ... now she is getting used to it. I feel I am frightening u... I am telling u this because its very natural and that it takes time for the kid to adjust and feel good about the new environment...
    cheers,

10. madhusri8576

madhusri8576 New IL'ite

Hi lakshmi,
    Neenu hyd unnapodu,i saw lots of my friends keeping bommala koluvu during sankrathi.So r u going to keep this time?
    Compared to ur country.In one way its cheap for us.Bcoz we have to pay only for montessori r creche whatever,it ends with that issue.We no need to pay anything here for regular schooling.Schooling is free here till 16 yrs.Other thing is we no need to search for english schools desperatly here as all the schools gives prirority to english n they consider their local lang as secondary which is not compoulsory.U r not frightening me absolutely not.This will all help me to prepare myself,even i can get useful things only from the people like u who experienced before.What else lakshmi.Even i am bit tensed regarding this issue,My hubby always tell me once she goes to montessori def she get used to everything.I hope it will go smooth.What else.Any special for diwali,Ok lakshmi I wish u a happy and safe diwali to all ur family.Convey my special regards to ur little.

Bye then,
    Madhu.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2008